Welcome to Aylmerton
The Annual Audit
Conformation of the Dates of the Period for the Exercise of Public Rights may be viewed in the Accounts Section
Aylmerton is a small village, situated approximately 2.5 miles from both Cromer and Sheringham and adjoining the parish of West Runton which is on the coast of North Norfolk. The village falls within the Norfolk Coast – Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
There are some 210 houses in the village and a population of 440 while the Electoral Roll stands at 382. The oldest part of the village, south of the A148, was in existence well before the Domesday Book was created in 1086. By comparison the area north of the A148 was only created in the late 1920’s in what was part of the Great Wood of the nearby Felbrigg Estate. Indeed, over half of the Estate (which is now owned by the National Trust) is within the parish boundary.
To the north the parish is bounded by further National Trust lands comprising West Runton and Beeston Regis Heaths much loved by walkers and with extensive views over the North Sea.